October 01, 2015

[YT] Second uploading maintenance (1st of October, 2015)

Pretty much, by just reading the title - you've guessed it right. After three weeks of processing,
Youtube's programming decided to automatically reject our previous attempt to upload.


This actually happened yesterday, but I decided to keep that day for only publishing my 8th anniversary of playing MapleStory Europe - and because I've had to contact Youtube Support through e-mail (so I had to wait for a reply first), I couldn't make a "final" decision of my next move yet.

I've shared the issue of this upload with Youtube Support formally - giving examples that the past few Single-Part-Videos have gone pretty much with barely any issues - and that processing for this situation took over 3 weeks,
which seems odd - which eventually resulted this video failing to process.
I've received a reply from Youtube earlier this morning.

Their reply described what may happen during processing, and that in this case, it could've been either
an issue of a processing delay from their side (and that delay went banana's in length so their automatic server-cleaning-up kicked in without them actually wanting it to happen) or just a transient issue - either of which,
they're sorry for the inconvenience and request me to try reuploading.

Which I of course will, because the last thing I want to do now is to give up on this project after all the effort I've done. Well, for my frequent readers, that's not a surprise isn't it? I'm pretty sure some of you also want to see this video online as much as I do!

I'll start a new upload much later tonight - I'll keep you guys up to date. I'll probably avoid writing another blogpost to avoid spamming on my own blog (and your subscription feeds, 'cuz RSS is OP). Instead, I'll edit this post somewhere later. Just check tomorrow or something I'd say.

EDIT: We've started uploading again since the evening of October 1st, 2015. If there's any change to the upload, we'll mention it here.

See you guys again next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment